Say goodbye to the much-dreaded brain fog. Keep your mental engines running on high – all day long – with the grandfather of all nootropics.
- Dosage per day: 800 mg, 3 times a day
- Effect onset: 30 – 90 minutes
- Effect duration: 7 hours
- Extended usage: Tolerance is rarely reported, but if you notice a decrease in effects, taking a week off can help restore potency. Also, Piracetam may be habit-forming. Consider reducing your usage every 2 to 4 days to prevent experiencing withdrawal symptoms.
- As Piracetam works through modulating your brain’s chemistry, it may take up to 2 weeks of consistent use before you notice any significant cognitive benefit from it.
- Piracetam affects different people differently, based on their unique neurochemistry. You may, therefore, need to experiment with the dosing to find one that works well for you.
- It's thought that Piracetam may deplete choline stores in the brain; if you experience headaches during its usage, stacking it with a choline supplementation may help.
What is Piracetam?
Piracetam was the first in the racetam-family of nootropic compounds to be synthesized back in 1964. It is a synthetic derivative of the neurotransmitter GABA. Strangely enough, instead of affecting GABA receptors, Piracetam has been found to modulate AMPA and NMDA receptors in the brain, in turn improving the function of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine (Ach).
Benefits of Piracetam
Boosts cognitive functions
It's inevitable; as you get older, your brain chemistry changes. The density of your AMPA and NMDA receptors, acetylcholine levels, and cerebral blood flow decline and lead to poor decision-making and difficulty with learning and memory.
If you've noticed that you can't read and commit one paragraph to memory without your mind going in 20 different directions, Piracetam can help. In addition to increasing blood blow to your brain, Piracetam also enhances your brain’s acetylcholine formation – in turn, boosting alertness, focus, attention, memory, and learning.
Heightens sensory perceptions
Get ready to feel more connected to the world around you. Through its effects on acetylcholine activity, Piracetam supplementation can improve your sensory perception. Colors, vision, sound, emotions, dreams, texture, and taste – it'll all become clear once again. Feel alive with Piracetam.
Enhances mood and mental health
Experience positive changes in your mood. Many biohackers report that Piracetam can be a useful tool for dealing with stress, anxiety, and depression. In fact, recent research shows that it can potentially work as an antidepressant for patients with chronic health disorders.
Piracetam side effects
While piracetam supplementation is typically well-tolerated, some individuals may experience mild side effects, such as dizziness, drowsiness, and diarrhea. Also, Piracetam may interact with thyroxine, aspirin, thyroid extract, and anticoagulants.
People in the following groups should not take Piracetam:
- Patients afflicted with Huntington’s disease
- Individuals suffering from severe kidney problems
- Pregnant and lactating women