Like Piracetam, but a 1000 times more potent: Noopept is ideal for anyone looking to supercharge their cognition and protect their brain from age-related cognitive declines. A perfect choice for any forward-thinking individual.
- Dosage per day: 10 – 30 mg
- Effect onset: 30 – 120 minutes
- Effect duration: Piracetam has a peak effect duration of 1 – 4 hours.
- Extended usage: Noopept is safe for daily usage, but tolerance can become an issue for some individuals. To prevent this, consider cycling your dosing: take 2 weeks on, then 1 week off to restore its potency.
- Due to its relatively short effect duration, you can choose to spread your daily dosage throughout the day to achieve day-long effects.
- Noopept usage causes increased wakefulness – to prevent sleep disruption, you’re not advised to take it late in the evenings.
- As a cholinergic compound, Noopept affects acetylcholine levels in the brain, potentially leading to headaches. To counteract this side effect, consider stacking it with a choline supplement.
What is Noopept?
Noopept was developed by Russian researchers back in 1996. Despite being very similar to Piracetam – a member in the racetam-family of nootropic compounds – in its nootropic and anxiolytic effects, Noopept is not a true 'racetam.' Instead, it's a water-soluble ampakine nootropic that acts as a positive modulator of AMPA receptors. It enhances excitatory glutamatergic neurotransmission.
Benefits of Noopept
Boosts cognitive functions
Think of Noopept as Piracetam, but on steroids, when it comes to its cognitive-enhancing abilities. More specifically, Noopept is up to 1000 times more potent than Piracetam! As an ampakine nootropic, it helps increase alertness, attention span, and boosts all three levels of memory – formation, retention, and recall.
This is in stark contrast to Piracetam, which only facilitates the early stages, such as memory formation, of the cognitive process. With the help of Noopept, you’ll be able to work with intense focus, concentration, and overall mental clarity for as many hours you need.
Provides potent neuroprotection
Your brain does not need to be a slowly decaying organ, subject to inevitable decline, brought on by the passing of time. Research shows that Nooept boosts levels of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) and Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) – the two proteins involved in neuroplasticity, and the repair and replacement of damaged brain cells!
Stop letting anxiety rule your life. Through its stimulation of dopamine, serotonin, and acetylcholine nicotinic receptors, Noopept produces an anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) effect. You may find yourself better able to deal with stressful situations that typically would have torn you down. Overwhelming emotions will subside, and you'll feel like a calmer, happier version of yourself.
Noopept side effects
As long as you stay within the recommended dosage of 10 – 30 mg per day, Noopept is safe and well-tolerated. And while side effects are rare, some individuals may experience the following side effects (typically due to unusually high doses of Noopept):
- Stomach upset