If it’s good enough for astronauts undergoing the rigors of life beyond Earth’s atmosphere and gravitational field, imagine what it could do for you – mentally, and physically. Get ready for your best self yet.
- Dosage per day: 100 – 300 mg
- Effect onset: 30 – 60 minutes
- Effect duration: Phenylpiracetam has a peak effect duration of 3 – 5 hours, with some individuals reporting residual benefits up to 10 hours later.
- Extended usage: Tolerance can be an issue with Phenylpiracetam, so you should ideally only use it on days where you need its cognitive or physical boost (up to 3 – 4 times a week). Or, if you prefer, you can also try cycling it: after one week of usage, take the next off before resuming.
- Phenylpiracetam boosts the use of acetylcholine in your brain, potentially causing headaches. To counteract this, consider stacking it with choline supplements.
- Due to its stimulant-like properties, it is generally not advisable for you to take Phenylpiracetam too late in the evening or afternoon, in case it disrupts your sleep.
What is Phenylpiracetam?
As its name suggests, Phenylpiracetam is a phenyl-derivative of piracetam – the grandfather of all nootropics. It was first synthesized in 1983 – by Russian chemists – to boost the physical and mental performance of astronauts.
Benefits of Phenylpiracetam
Enhances cognitive abilities
Is it only the middle of the day, but you already feel like you've expended all your mental capabilities? Phenylpiracetam can help; it increases the density of acetylcholine, NMDA, GABA, and dopamine receptors in your brain. And that translates to more receptors for each of those crucial neurotransmitters that affect memory formation, and cognition to bind with, in turn, boosting their effects.
Look forward to enhanced alertness, cognition, memory and even recall – perfect for tiding you through even the longest of days.
Decreases anxiety and depression
Hate the nervous, clammed up, feeling you get before social events? Or – always find yourself in a dark, mental space? Through affecting the receptors for acetylcholine, GABA, and NMDA receptors, Phenylpiracetam floods your brain with the much-needed chill-out neurochemicals (GABA and serotonin) you need to be the best, charming, and confident version of yourself.
Boosts physical stamina
It's so potent that athletes in the Olympics and other professional sports have been banned from using it! Also, it’s worthwhile mentioning that unlike other stimulatory compounds, Phenylpiracetam does not lead to side effects of jitteriness, restless, or irritability. Best of both worlds? Indeed.
Phenylpiracetam side effects
Phenylpiracetam is non-toxic; it’s safe and generally well-tolerated. Nevertheless, some users have reported the following mild side effects: