What is Sulbutiamine?
Sulbutiamine is a derivative from Vitamin B1(also called thiamine), first synthesized by a Japanese scientist during an ongoing health crisis in Japan.
After WW2 the Japanese population was malnourished and slowly dying from a disease called “beriberi”; this disease is common for those who lack vitamin B1.
ViIn order to solve the issue, a Japanese scientist synthesized sulbutiamine; a fat- soluble compound deriving from vitamin B1 that was way more easily absorbed by the body, especially by the brain, saving countless lives.
What is Thiamine?
Thiamine, also called vitamin B1, is a coenzyme your body uses to metabolize food for energy and to maintain a heart, nerve and brain function. Thiamine also turns nutrients into ATP, the fuel at the base of cellular activity, and turns carbohydrates into glucose, the food of the brain and nervous system.
Dosage per day: 400 – 1000 mg per day
Effect onset: 30 – 60 minutes
As Sulbutiamine is fat-soluble, be sure to take it with a fat source – this ensures that your body absorbs it. Sulbutiamine is thought to have mild stimulant effects, so you might not want to take it too late into the night to prevent sleep interference.
Tolerance can be an issue with Sulbutiamine. You may, therefore, find it beneficial to cycle on and off the supplement. A popular way of cycling Sulbutiamine is 3 days on, 1 day off – but you’re free to experiment until you find a cycle that best works for you.
Sulbutiamine, cellulose (vegetarian capsules)
User discretion is advised. Individuals from the following groups and/or any other groups at risk should consult with a doctor prior to taking this or any other medication:
- Pregnancy or lactating women
- Children under the age of 12
- Individuals with kidney problems
- Individuals with heart and/or blood pressure problems
- Immunocompromised individuals
Side effects have been reported in clinical trials including bladder infections, pain due to arthritis, digestive issues like diarrhea, abdominal pain, back pain, breathing issues (asthma, bronchitis), insomnia, constipation, gastroenteritis, diffuse pain, sinusitis, headache, kidney pain, vertigo, and sore throat.(5)
- Do not exceed the recommended dose
- Keep out of reach of children
- Store in cool dark conditions
- Do not consume past the expiry date
- Suitable for vegans/vegetarians
- This product and its statements have not been evaluated by the FDA or any other regulatory body
- This product is a dietary supplement and is not a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and/or healthy lifestyle
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.