Benefits of the Lion’s Mane Mushroom – Power Mushroom
Scientific studies confirm its legendary benefits, including
Increased brain function and health
The lion’s mane mushroom supports nerve growth factor (NGF) and brain-related neurotrophic factor (BDNF), two important compounds that have been linked to improved brain health (1-3).
Improved cognitive function
A 2008 study found that lion’s mane mushroom improved brain function in a group of 15 older adults (4).
Strong anti-inflammatory effects
Inflammation leads to damaged cells and decreased function. Antioxidants found in lion’s mane mushroom counteract these effects and neutralize free radicals so they cannot do any harm (5).
It can help relieve symptoms of anxiety
Research in mice has shown that the lion’s mane mushroom in the extract form can reduce anxiety symptoms due to its anti-inflammatory effects (6,7).
Side effects lion’s mane mushroom
Animal studies suggest that lion’s mane mushroom and its extracts are very safe, even at high doses (8). People with fungal allergies should exercise caution as some people have reported reactions.
User caution is recommended. People from the following groups and / or other risk groups should seek advice from a doctor before taking this or any other medication:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Children under 12 years
- People with kidney problems
- People with heart and / or blood pressure problems
- Immunocompromised people
- Do not exceed the recommended dose
- Keep out of reach of children
- Store in a cool, dark place
- Do not consume beyond the expiration date
- Suitable for vegans / vegetarians
- This product and its statements have not been evaluated by the FDA or any other regulatory agency
- This product is a dietary supplement and is not a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and / or a healthy lifestyle